1. Liam Payne was born on 29th August 1993.
2. Liam is the One Direction middleman – Louis and Zayn are older than him while Harry and Niall are younger.
3. Along with Niall, Liam is a Virgo. According to the star sign he is analytical, observant, helpful, reliable and precise.
4. Liam has two older sisters called Ruth and Nicola.
5. Liam’s parents are called Karen and Geoff.
6. Liam’s favourite colour is purple.
7. Liam also took part the 2008 series of The X Factor making it through to Simon’s house in Barbados where he was cruelly eliminated. Simon thought he was too young and asked him to come back in two years – a move that worked out pretty well!!
8. Liam’s favourite film is the Toy Story trilogy.
9. Liam’s celebrity crush is Leona Lewis and his man crush is stand-up comedian Michael McIntyre?! Nope, us neither!
10. Liam spent his childhood in Wolverhampton in the West Midlands, the birthplace of Led Zeppelin legend Robert Plant and Slade’s Noddy Holder.
11. Liam once cried while watching Marley & Me. Bless.
12. Liam has a very unusual phobia – SPOONS! He admits it’s “very strange”.
13. Liam has just over seven minutes of solos on One Direction’s debut album ‘Up All Night’, the second most behind Harry.
14. Liam sang ‘Cry Me A River’ in his 2010 audition and received a standing ovation.
15. When he had progressed to bootcamp he covered Oasis’ ‘Stop Crying Your Heart Out.’
16. Liam’s Twitter address is @Real_Liam_Payne. As of 10th August 2012 he had 5,204,974 followers.
17. Liam follows more fans than all of his One Direction bandmates do altogether!! As of 10th August 2012 he follows 8,951 people.
18. Liam is an avid fan of boxing. He took up the sport when he was bullied at high school.
19. Liam once confessed to owning a pair of pink hair straighteners. Nice!
20. Liam’s performance of ‘Cry Me A River’ on The X Factor back in the summer of 2010 was dedicated to an ex-girlfriend who cheated on him! He told The Sun: “One girl was the inspiration for me singing ‘Cry Me A River’ on The X Factor. That was my payback to her because she was unfaithful.”
21. Liam shares the same middle name as Niall – James.
22. Liam started dating backing dancer Danielle Peazer during The X Factor in December 2010. They’re still together to this day.
23. After falling ill as a baby, Liam underwent years of tests until aged four when doctors discovered that one of his kidneys was scarred and dysfunctional. He had to have up to 32 injections a day to cope with the pain. Poor lad
24. Due to his kidney problems, Liam doesn’t drink alcohol and has to look after himself. He told Digital Spy: “I have to be careful not to drink too much, even water, and I have to keep myself as healthy as possible.”
25. In August 2012, Liam dropped the bombshell that his damaged kidney had miraculously started working again. He tweeted: “Just been for an ultrasound on my kidney turns out its fixed form when I was a baby!!! so now I have two #weirdnewsoftheday”
26. Before The X Factor, Liam once performed in front of 26,000 people at Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club.
27. When he auditioned for The X Factor, Liam was music technology student at the City of Wolverhampton College.
28. Liam says that Justin Timberlake is his biggest influence while Gary Barlow is also an inspiration.
29. Liam’s favourite animals are turtles! He has two pet turtles called Boris and Archimedes.
30. Liam can play the guitar.
31. Liam loves girls with nice eyes.
32. Liam hates it when girls are too confident. He likes them to be a little bit shy.
33. The one person guaranteed to make Liam smile is Louis. Ahhh! Liam said: “Even if I’m in a situation where I’m mad at him, the person who can make me smile is Louis. Whatever happens he’ll make me laugh about something because he’s that crazy.”
34. Liam would love to play a prank on Simon Cowell.
35. Liam says that just like his 1D bandmates, he’s grounded. Speaking about the One Thing video shoot, he said: “Our video for out new single was filmed in London. We’re not divas, we’ve got no interest in jetting off to the Caribbean just to shoot a video.”
36. Liam would like to shave his hair off but worries he “wouldn’t get away with it.”
37. If Liam could interview one pop star it would be Usher.
38. Liam often defends his girlfriend Danielle on Twitter when she receives hatemail. One tweet reads: “#SometimesIHateTwitter when it becomes a place to abuse people who uve never met never did anything to you but you still choose to be cruel.”
39. In Sugarscape’s list of the 50 hottest males of 2011, Liam came eighth. In The Sun’s countdown he was 11th.
40. Liam’s nickname is Daddy Directioner as he’s the most mature member of the band.
41. Liam loves singing in the shower. He often sings songs by The Script!
42. Liam often describes himself as “the clumsy one” in One Direction.
43. Liam was nicknamed Cheesy Head by his sisters as a kid because he ate cheese crisps all the time.
44. When Liam went fishing in San Diego earlier this year he caught a baby tiger shark! Thankfully he put it back in the water.
45. In May 2012, poor Liam broke his toe by dropping his computer on it. Doh! He told Good Morning America: “I dropped a MacBook Pro on it, which is not a very exciting story at all.” That’s gotta hurt!
46. Liam’s favourite love song is ‘End of May’ by Michael Bublé.
47. When Liam was younger his older sisters Ruth and Nicola made him dress in women’s clothes! He told The Sun: “They used to try to influence my fashion a bit. Which you know… may have involved a heel or two.”
48. Liam’s favourite track on ‘Up All Night’ is ‘I Want’. The song was penned by McFly vocalist, guitarist and songwriter Tom Fletcher.
49. Along with Louis, in April 2012 Liam did a 192metre SkyJump jump off Auckland’s Sky Tower. David Beckham, Katy Perry and Justin Bieber has all previously done the big jump.
50. Liam’s One Direction bandmates call him the Gary Barlow of their group. Niall told The Sun: “Liam has that Barlow aura. He says things like, ‘Come on boys, let’s roll. Let’s get going’. He knows it and can’t deny it.”
51. After the audition shows of The X Factor, bookmakers made Liam second favourite to win the talent competition behind Cher Lloyd. Liam, of course, was put together with Niall, Louis, Harry and Zayn to form One Direction later in the show.
52. Liam is a supporter of West Bromich Album Football Club.
53. Liam has a lot of respect for his chum Ed Sheeran. He calls him “such a talented guy.”
54. Liam says that One Direction’s phenomenal global success seems “surreal” to him. Referring to hitting number one in the US with ‘Up All Night’, Liam told Daybreak: “It still seems strange to say that, everything’s happened this quickly. We didn’t expect to be over here releasing an album. I don’t think it’s quite hit home yet.”
55. When Liam was a Hits Radio DJ for a day on 1DHQ earlier this year, his playlist was One Direction ‘One Thing’, Ed Sheeran ‘Lego House’, One Direction ‘I Want’, Lloyd ‘Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)’, Nicole Scherzinger ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath’, Michael Bublé ‘Cry Me A River’ and One Direction ‘What Makes You Beautiful’.
56. Liam is preparing to move in with his girlfriend Danielle Peazer. Announcing the news via Twitter, he wrote: “I love this woman (Danielle), she is the one I want to be in the future. Danielle is the one for me, I am sure.”
57. As well as being heavily into boxing, at school Liam was a member of the cross-country team and got up most mornings at 6am to go on long runs.
58. Despite being madly in love with Danielle Peazer, Liam says he’s in “no rush” to get married. He sometimes takes to Twitter to rubbish media speculation!
59. Liam recently hooked up with Amy Winehouse’s goddaughter Dionne Bromfield is a West London recording studio. Producer Jim Beanz posted pictures of the two singers together. It’s currently unclear whether Liam will appear on Dionne’s album.
60. Liam is five foot and 10 inches tall (about 1.78 metres).
61. Asked what name he would give his firstborn child, Liam says it would be Taylor. “I like the name Taylor,” he explained to KRB. “Taylor’s pretty neutral for a boy or a girl. That’s what I’m going to call my first child if I had children.”
62. Liam says he was “ecstatic and humbled” when One Direction passed the 12million record and DVD sales barrier.
63. In August 2012, Liam busked in the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherd’s Bush, West London. Liam sang the ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ vocals while Niall accompanied him on guitar.
64. A true international jet setter, Liam likes nothing more than returning to Wolverhampton to spend time with his family. His dad Geoff told local newspaper Star & Express: “Liam likes to get back home. He likes to get back to normality.”
65. Liam often has nightmares where he’s naked in public places! “I dream of being back at school a lot and have been naked a few times,” he told The Sun. “And I have been in the park naked on a climbing frame.”
66. Liam has no plans to go solo in the future. In fact, he reckons it would be “massively boring.”
67. Liam has over 500 fan pages on Facebook.
68. Liam’s official page on Facebook has over 1.4million likes (as of August 2012).
69. Liam recently fessed up that he and the 1D lads played a prank on Harry earlier this summer. “He fell asleep in the dressing room last week,” Liam told the Daily Star. “We poured water down his trousers to make it look like he weed his pants. He doesn’t care really.”
70. Liam reckons he’s the best dancer in One Direction. He told TOTP: “I have the best dance moves – I’m the king of the dancefloor! My signature dance move is the 1-2-3 flick. You’ll find it all over the internet…”
71. Liam got together with Danielle Peazer with a little help from Harry! He confessed: “This has never been told before, but when I actually got with my girlfriend, Harry was the boy that set us up… Harry is the magic match-up man.”
72. Justin Bieber claims that Liam copied his trademark hairstyle. When he saw a photo of Liam’s old haircut, Biebs said: “I mean, does that look a little familiar? Just a touch!”
73. In October 2011, Liam was left highly embarrassed by his mum Karen. He explained to radio station TFM: “My mum fell over the other day in front of a load of our fans. And farted. She fell over a bump in the floor and it came out. Bless her.”
74. Liam sings the first solo on 13 of the 15 tracks on ‘Up All Night’.
75. When he was younger, Liam had to split his turtles up as they were turning to cannibalism. He said: “I came home and my turtle was missing a foot. Splitting them is sad, but it’s best.”
76. When asked what One Direction member he’d eat first if he had to survive, Liam responded: “That’s a bizarre question. Zayn, I don’t know why!”
77. Liam is “not very good” with hot food. At Nandos the hottest he can go is medium. Wimp!
78. Liam’s favourite two words are “brilliant” and “fantastic”. He admits his enthusiasm annoys the boys: “I use them all the time and the boys hate it.”
79. Liam absolutely hates it when Harry steals his food.
80. One of the things that Liam most admires in life is Zayn’s huge quiff. However he doesn’t like it when Zayn gets moody!
81. Before Harry came up with the band name One Direction, Liam suggested the call themselves USP – which stood Unique Selling Point. Lucky escape there guys!!
82. If Liam could invent one app for a mobile phone it would be an “anti spoons” one. We’re not quite sure how that would work!
83. Liam still gets badly affected by nerves before gigs. In fact he sometimes gets stomach-aches.
84. Abbreviations aren’t Liam’s strongest point. He used to think that YOLO means Yummy Oreos Love Origami and DTF stands for Dedicated to Fans.
85. If Liam could make his own ice cream it would be Krispy-Kreme flavoured. Isn’t there one already?!
86. If you look closely on One Direction’s ‘One Thing’ video, Liam’s left eyebrow has a slit shaved into it. Harry did it while Liam was sleeping! Pesky scamp.
87. Liam is a closet fan of S Club 7!
88. Liam has a small birthmark on his neck.
89. If Liam could only eat one thing for the rest of his life it would be chocolate “because it’s chocolaty.”
90. Liam used to get into trouble at school and often spent time in the headmistress’s office. “I used to have water fights in the toilets and climb on the roof to get footballs back,” he told The Sun.
91. When he first started boxing, Liam picked up a number of nasty injuries including a perforated eardrum and a broken nose. “I was always coming home with a bruised, puffy face,” he says.
92. Liam once asked a called Emily out 22 times and she kept turning him down. He added to the Sun: “Finally I sang to her and she said she’d go out with me, but she dumped me the next day.” We’re pretty sure Emily will be regretting her move! Doh!
93. Liam owns a lollipop with Zayn’s name on it. Well, when we say ‘owns’ we mean he stole it off Zayn!
94. Liam says he emotional when singing 1D track ‘Moments’. The pop-ballad was penned by Ed Sheeran and appears on the deluxe version of ‘Up All Night’.
95. When he was younger Liam used to practise kissing on the back of his hand.
96. Asked what was the best thing about taking part in The X Factor, Liam said it was “meeting the four best people ever.” Awwwwww!
97. If Liam wasn’t a multi-million selling pop star, he says he’d like to be a fireman or gym teacher.
98. Liam always wanted a brother when he was younger. He says that now with One Direction “it’s like having four of them!”
99. Despite being a pop superstar, Liam says he still does his own washing and ironing. He joked: “You don’t see Take That doing that do you?!”
100. Just like Niall and Zayn, Liam has size 8 feet.
101. The three things Liam can’t live without are hair wax, Clearasil and Niall!
102. Named his first turtle Harry
103. Ok so maybe we could have worked this out, but Louis Tomlinson is Liam’s favourite 1D member to be around when he’s feeling down. ‘Even if I’m in a situation where I’m mad at him,’ he said.